We appreciate the contribution you have made to our reputation for providing local employers with the best talent in the region.
For your convenience, below you will find useful links and information for West Sound Workforce employees.
Online Timecard Instructions
West Sound Workforce uses an online timecard system, accessed through our employee portal.
If you are logging into the portal for the very first time, check your email for a message with the subject “Portal Login.”
This email contains your username and your temporary password.
When you log into the portal for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new password and to set up two security questions.
- Come into West Sound Workforce’s nearest office to use a computer
- Call or text us at (253) 853-3633 to give us your hours and we’ll submit an online timecard for you.
- Click the Portal Login link in the upper right-hand corner of westsoundworkforce.com.
- Enter your username (which is usually your email address) and password.
- Click the Time Entry icon at the top of the page.
- At West Sound Workforce, every workweek ends on a Sunday. Every Sunday is what we call the week end date.
- Select the week for the timecard you’re filling out from the Week End Date drop-down menu.
- Click the underlined name of the business you are assigned to. This link is located right below the word Customer in bold text.
Every time you log into the online timecard portal, the Week-End Date field will automatically be set to the current week. This means you must always check that you’re selecting the right week for your timecard info.
- Enter your start and end times for each day you worked.
- Enter AM or PM for each start and end time.
- Edit or delete times by clicking on the fields you want to change.
The Start and End Time fields automatically default to AM when you enter your times. Always make sure to type PM when needed or your hours will be incorrect.
Entering your break times is different than the way you enter your start and end times.
For break times:
- Enter how long your break period was.
- Format your break times in quarter hour increments.
- Round your break times to the nearest quarter hour.
Examples of quarter hour increments:
15 minutes = 0.25
30 minutes = 0.50
45 minutes = 0.75
60 minutes = 1.00
NOTE: Do not enter actual total minutes for your breaks. Always round to the nearest quarter-hour. For example: if you took a 28-minute break, do not enter .28. A 28-minute break rounds up to 30 minutes, which you will enter as 0.50.
At any time, you can click the Save button to save your timecard info. A saved timecard can be edited or submitted at a later date.
A saved timecard has not been submitted!
Click the Submit button to send your time to your supervisor for review and approval.
- You must submit your timecard by Sunday at 5:00 p.m. for each workweek.
- If you work past 5:00 p.m. on Sundays, submit your timecard as soon as your shift ends.
- If you do not submit your timecard by the deadline, we may not be able to process it until the following week.
If you need to make changes to a timecard you’ve submitted, you can unsubmit an unapproved timecard until Monday at 5:00 p.m. by clicking the orange Unsubmit button.
- When you unsubmit a timecard, the system will require you to write your reason for unsubmitting it.
- Once your timecard has been processed, the Unsubmit button will disappear.
If you need to make any changes to your timecard after your supervisor has approved it, you must contact West Sound Workforce staff, and they will make the changes for you.
Have any questions or need assistance?