Online Time Card Instructions for Employees
West Sound Workforce uses an online time card system, which we frequently refer to as a portal.
Attention New Users:
If you are logging into the portal for the very first time, check your email for a message with the title “Portal Login”.
This email contains your User Name and your temporary password
When you log into the portal for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new password and to set up two security questions.
If you can’t access the internet to submit an online time card:
If you don’t have a computer, smart phone, or other device for submitting your time card online, don’t worry!
Employees without internet access can:
- Come into West Sound Workforce’s nearest office to use a computer
- Call us at (253) 853-3633 or (360) 394-1882 to give us your hours over the phone, and we’ll submit an online time card for you
To log into the online time card system:
- Click the Portal Login link in the upper right-hand corner of westsoundworkforce.com
- Enter your User Name (which is usually your email address) and password
To create an online time card:
- Click the Time Entry icon at the top of the page
- At West Sound Workforce, every workweek ends on a Sunday. Every Sunday is what we call the week end date
- Select the week for the time card you’re filling out from the Week End Date drop-down menu
- Click the underlined name of the business you are assigned to. This link is located right below the word Customer in bold text.
Every time you log into the online time card portal, the Week End Date field will automatically be set to the current week. This means you must always double-check to make sure you’re selecting the right week for your time card info.
Filling out start & end times for the days you work:
- Enter your start and end times for each day you worked. Write the actual times you started and finished work (for example: If you arrive at 8:02AM, write 8:02AM. Don’t round the time and write 8:00AM)
- Enter AM or PM for each start and end time
- Edit or delete times by clicking on the fields you want to change
The Start and End Time fields automatically default to AM when you type your times. Always make sure to type PM when needed, or your hours will be incorrect.
Filling out your break times:
Entering your break times is different than the way you enter your start and end times.
For break times:
- Enter how long your break period was
- Format your break times in quarter hour increments
- Round your break times to the nearest quarter hour
Examples of quarter hour increments:
15 minutes = .25
30 minutes = .5
45 minutes = .75
60 minutes = 1.0
NOTE: Do not enter actual total minutes for your breaks. Always round to the nearest quarter hour. For example: if you took a 28 minute break, do not enter .28. A 28 minute break rounds up to 30 minutes, which you will enter as .5.
Saving your time card:
At any time, you can click the Save button to save your time card info. A saved time card can be edited or submitted at a later date.
A saved time card has not been submitted!
Submitting your time card:
Click the Submit button to send your time to your supervisor for review and approval.
- You must submit your time card by Sunday at 5:00 pm for each workweek
- If you work past 5:00 pm on Sundays, submit your time card as soon as your shift ends
- If you do not submit your time card by the deadline, we won’t be able to process it until the following week
Unsubmitting your time card:
If you need to make changes to a time card you’ve submitted, you can unsubmit an unapproved time card until Monday at 5:00 pm by clicking the green Unsubmit button.
- When you unsubmit a time card, the system will require you to write your reason for unsubmitting it.
- Once your time card has been processed, the Unsubmit button will disappear.
If you need to make any changes to your time card after Monday at 5:00 pm, you must contact West Sound Workforce staff, and they will make the changes for you.
Overtime will be calculated automatically when you fill out your time card. All overtime must be approved in advance by your onsite supervisor.