Online Timecard Instructions for Employees
West Sound Workforce uses an online timecard system, which we frequently refer to as a portal.
Attention New Users:
If you are logging into the portal for the very first time, check your email for a message with the subject “Portal Login”.
This email contains your User Name and your temporary password.
When you log into the portal for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new password and to set up two security questions.
If you can’t access the internet to submit an online timecard:
If you don’t have a computer, smart phone, or other device for submitting your timecard online, don’t worry!
Employees without internet access can:
- Come into West Sound Workforce’s nearest office to use a computer
- Call or text us at (253) 853-3633 to give us your hours and we’ll submit an online timecard for you
To log into the online timecard system:
- Click the Portal Login link in the upper right-hand corner of westsoundworkforce.com
- Enter your User Name (which is usually your email address) and password
To create an online timecard:
- Click the Time Entry icon at the top of the page
- At West Sound Workforce, every workweek ends on a Sunday. Every Sunday is what we call the week end date
- Select the week for the timecard you’re filling out from the Week End Date drop-down menu
- Click the underlined name of the business you are assigned to. This link is located right below the word Customer in bold text.
Every time you log into the online timecard portal, the Week End Date field will automatically be set to the current week. This means you must always double-check to make sure you’re selecting the right week for your timecard info.
Filling out start & end times for the days you work:
- Enter your start and end times for each day you worked. Write the actual times you started and finished work (for example: If you arrive at 8:02AM, write 8:02AM. Don’t round the time and write 8:00AM)
- Enter AM or PM for each start and end time
- Edit or delete times by clicking on the fields you want to change
The Start and End Time fields automatically default to AM when you type your times. Always make sure to type PM when needed, or your hours will be incorrect.
Filling out your break times:
Entering your break times is different than the way you enter your start and end times.
For break times:
- Enter how long your break period was
- Format your break times in quarter hour increments
- Round your break times to the nearest quarter hour
Examples of quarter hour increments:
15 minutes = .25
30 minutes = .5
45 minutes = .75
60 minutes = 1.0
NOTE: Do not enter actual total minutes for your breaks. Always round to the nearest quarter hour. For example: if you took a 28 minute break, do not enter .28. A 28 minute break rounds up to 30 minutes, which you will enter as .5.
Saving your timecard:
At any time, you can click the Save button to save your timecard info. A saved time card can be edited or submitted at a later date.
A saved timecard has not been submitted!
Submitting your timecard:
Click the Submit button to send your time to your supervisor for review and approval.
- You must submit your timecard by Sunday at 5:00 pm for each workweek
- If you work past 5:00 pm on Sundays, submit your time card as soon as your shift ends
- If you do not submit your timecard by the deadline, we won’t be able to process it until the following week
Unsubmitting your timecard:
If you need to make changes to a timecard you’ve submitted, you can unsubmit an unapproved timecard until Monday at 5:00 pm by clicking the orange Unsubmit button.
- When you unsubmit a time card, the system will require you to write your reason for unsubmitting it.
- Once your timecard has been processed, the Unsubmit button will disappear.
If you need to make any changes to your timecard after Monday at 5:00 pm, you must contact West Sound Workforce staff, and they will make the changes for you.
Overtime will be calculated automatically when you fill out your timecard. All overtime must be approved in advance by your onsite supervisor.