A Kitsap government contractor in the shipbuilding/repair industries is seeking skilled day and swing shift Welders with solid experience performing flux core, stick and/or steel welding. Must be able to pass an aluminum plate test. Ideal experience will have been in a shipyard or similar environment. Work will be completed in accordance with required specifications, safely, with high quality and in a professional manner. Positions will typically be temporary for 6 months with expectation of converting to company payroll upon successful completion of assignment.
Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job. Must have dependable transportation. Weekend work and/or extended hours may be required. Must be able to pass required background checks and drug screens for badging purposes in order to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
Day shift: Job #8668
Swing shift: Job #8669
You might be a good fit for the Welder position if you:
- Have experience as a welder with knowledge of shipboard spaces
- Can successfully pass HY-80 Pipe Test 6G (SMAW), Flux-Core HY 80 Test, and Aluminum Plate Test
- Have experience performing Tack weld 11018 (SMAW)
- Have knowledge of weld symbols and WAFs
- Are able to safely hook up and operate a torch
- Are able to work different shifts and OT as necessary
- Can lift up to 50 pounds
- Take direction, follow instructions, are safety minded, and work well in a team environment
- Are available to start immediately!
- Are able to pass a Standard Jaeger’s Test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara’s Tests for Color Deficiency
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!