Pipe (and/or Structural) Welders sought to work on location at PSNS in Bremerton.
Ability to obtain appropriate badging for base access required. Responsible for inspecting materials, maintaining tools, performing pre-welding preparations, welding components according to specifications and diligently following safety regulations. Work often performed in cramped spaces and all weather conditions. Must be able to study schematics and devise welding plans. Welders should have great attention to detail and the ability to deliver consistent and smooth welds. Flux core experience is desired!
This Welding position might be right for you if:
- You are able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- You are able to determine the required tools, materials and welding methods.
- You are proficient at assembling, installing and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications.
- You have a High school diploma/GED and Trade school diploma or completed an apprenticeship program
- You have a working knowledge of AWS, API, ANSI, and ASME codes and standards.
- You must be able to pass a background check and drug screen as appropriate for naval base access
- This is a physical job requiring excellent mobility and dexterity, able to work in tight spaces, on knees, in odd positions in order to perform necessary welds. Able to lift 75 lbs. Able to stand, kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and walk throughout the day.
Please mention the job number associated with your experience level when applying:
1-2 years of experience – JO# 8174
3-4 years of experience – JO# 8175
5+ years of experience – JO# 8176
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!