A local government contractor is seeking Tool Room Attendants for day and swing shift. This position is responsible for receiving, tracking, and issuing all consumable and equipment items procured for staff. Responsibilities include monitoring supply room, inventory control, coordinating transfer of tools and equipment, executing and maintaining accurate transaction records, ensuring compliance with policies, inspecting shipments for damage, inspecting materials and equipment to verify correctness of shipment against related documents, and related duties.
Job #8856: Day shift
Job #8857: Swing shift
The Tool Room Attendant position might be for you if you have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge/understanding of marine and industrial materials, equipment, and tools for purposes of accurate identification
- 6+ months experience in a material control position or related field
- The ability to learn and effectively use company accounting and tool tracking software
- The ability to use and/or obtain an operator’s license for pallet trucks, forklifts, and commercial trucks
- Excellent physical agility and the ability to comfortably lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- The ability to pass background screens in order to gain access to bases, government facilities, vessels and shipyards
- A reliable record of attendance and punctuality and are available for overtime as required
- The ability to physically transit all areas of the facility. Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, and to talk and hear. Must have good eye/hand coordination. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to gain access to all work locations including government and private ship yards and/or vessels.
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!