The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department is seeking a Temporary (6-8 weeks) Medical Billing Specialist.
This Medical Billing Specialist position might be for you if:
- You have had regular communications with insurance, Medicaid and managed care agencies
- You can prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- You can ensure that patient medical information is accurate
- You can prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due to medical procedures and services
- You have 2 years of solid medical billing experience and 1 year of general ICD coding knowledge, especially in a family or internal medicine environment
- You are proficient in electronic health records systems or practice management systems
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- You are organized, have attention to detail and want to positively contribute to the team
- You have a High School Diploma or GED
Must have experience:
- Calling Insurance providers regarding claim denials (denials management), missed payments, etc.
- Familiarity with & experience creating claims (CMS 1500 form) in various web portals i.e. Availity, Navinet, Office Ally, Avatar, Epic, etc.
- Experience posting payments into an electronic billing system as per the Insurance payers EOB, ERA, Remit.
- Experience with Outlook email
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!