A Silverdale Defense Contractor seeks a Steam Maintenance Mechanic
As a Steam Maintenance Mechanic, you are able to diagnose the needed repairs for machinery associated with boilers, boiler controls, steam system controls, and piping. You are also able to replace broken and defective parts and reassembles the system. Along with repairing machinery or mechanical equipment associated with boilers, boiler controls, steam system controls, and piping. You are able to examine machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose the source of trouble and dismantle or partly dismantle steam and boiler systems and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools.
This Steam Maintenance Mechanic position might be for you if:
- You possess and maintain a Grade 2 Seattle Steam Engineer License or equivalent.
- You are able to obtain and maintain asbestos certification for the purpose of maintenance and repair to items containing asbestos.
- You are able to work on equipment that may involve accomplishment of minor electrical connections or diagnosis of electric boilers or controls, motors and valves.
- You have four years of experience in boiler and steam system mechanical and machine equipment repair.
- You have knowledge of the use of specialized tools to perform the necessary repair functions.
- You have the ability and experience in pipefitting and are able to troubleshoot equipment.
- You are able to maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- You are able to obtain and maintain required explosives certifications when assigned to ordnance operations.
- You have a valid Washington State driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- You are able to meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
- You are willing and able to work at heights and in man lifts up to 40 feet, as well as lift up to 50 lbs.
- You have good communication skills for a service team environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!