The Starter Operator is an entry-level production position with a well-established, family owned building materials manufacturing plant in Tacoma. If you want to get your foot in on the ground floor of a great company, this is your opportunity! This position is responsible for making the “starter strip” out of raw materials and maintains inventory of both finished product and raw materials. You need good basic math and writing skills, the ability to stand on a manufacturing floor for 8 hours, good physical agility, and the ability to lift or manipulate up to 80 pounds.
- Perform inventory control of product and raw material
- Learn and understand product specification
- Complete specification inspections daily and fill out the appropriate document
- Report maintenance issues to supervisor
- Maintain open and consistent communications with the shift supervisor and line operator
- Keep work areas and equipment clean, organized, and free of debris
- Abide by all safety directives
- Additional special projects/tasks as assigned
The Starter Operator position might be a good fit for you if you:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Are able to lift 80 lbs
- Have basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Are a problem solver with good judgement and the ability to follow direction
Work Environment: Work in a manufacturing environment, stand constantly on a concrete floor, able to reach, lift/manipulate up to 80 lbs, bend, twist, walk, work hear moving mechanical parts, extreme heat or cold (both weather and non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, vibrations, exposure to loud noise, walk or stand on uneven ground, and in dim or extremely bright light at times.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.