A local sporting goods manufacturer is seeking a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate strives to own their own tasks and projects but equally enjoys partnering with the internal customers at the other company locations. This might be fore you if you like to dive into the information and problem solve, while also providing knowledge, information, and support to outlying departments. This company offers a full benefits package upon permanent hire, including some cool outdoor discounts!
The Staff Accountant position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Experience with sales tax nexus and compliance preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- In-depth hands on experience with accounting software – Microsoft Dynamics a big plus!
- Strong attention to detail and a deadline-oriented focus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Prepare and enter journal entries in accordance to GAAP
- Assist in monthly closing processes, reconciliation of various general ledger accounts in support of financial statement preparation
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Perform bank reconciliations and coordinate with Accounts Receivable regarding customer deposits
- Ad hoc projects and financial analysis based on requests from internal customers
- Provide support throughout various external audits
- Maintain compliance through timely preparation and filing of various state and local tax returns
- Follow established accounting processes while developing and implementing new procedures
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.