A Tacoma retail chain is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with strong knowledge of GAAP and experience performing bank reconciliations, balancing accounts, preparing A/P reports and assisting with the AP area as necessary. We are a very small and friendly office and need someone who is easy going, upbeat, good humored and willing to wear multiple hats and help out as needed!
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on accounting with hands-on experience performing Bank reconciliations GL reconciliations and Financial Statements
- Working heavily with vendors
- Must know general rules of GAAP
- An ATA in accounting with compensatory experience will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb math, statistical and detail skills
- Excellent technical and computer skills, experience using accounting software
- Accurate keyboarding, data entry and 10-Key skills
- Quick study!
- Excellent attitude and professional demeanor
- Previous experience in retail accounting is helpful
Work entails interacting with vendors and thus customer service ability is huge! Must be comfortable interacting with clients/vendors via the phone and email.
As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reconciling and processing invoices; Assisting in check preparation
- Preparing accounts payable related journal entries
- Auditing and processing employee expense reports in proprietary system
- Preparing and analyzing AP aging reports. Presenting findings to upper management
- Journal entry and month end closing processes
- Preparation of management reports
- Other general accounting duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!