A local interior design firm specializing in Kitchen and Bath Design, Cabinetry and Hardware is seeking someone who is enthusiastic, organized, and creative to fill the role of Showroom Assistant for a downtown showroom. This is a critical role requiring the wearing of many hats! A great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a fine custom design company. This position has excellent advancement opportunities with the company.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 2+ years experience as an administrative assistant or as a sales support assistant
- 2+ years as a marketing assistant
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience assisting in the creation of newsletters, brochures and advertisements
- Proficient with MS Office and excellent Internet research skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and possess an eye for detail (a neat freak!)
- A warm, friendly personality with a “helper” attitude, previous corporate receptionist skills would be helpful
- A desire to learn and grow and do your best job yet!
Previous experience or education in architecture, custom hardware, interior design or like is preferred
As a Showroom Assistant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the showroom, maintaining an inviting environment, greeting clients and showing them inventory and assisting with in-house purchases
- Handling general office duties such as phones, mail and deliveries, email, and maintaining the corporate calendar
- Updating catalogs and keeping displays current
- Maintaining samples and marketing materials libraries
- Assisting designers with their projects as needed
- Performing product research obtaining pricing and specifications
- Maintaining the website and assisting with the creation of marketing materials
- Printing customer invoicing and distributing to sales and posting customer payments, and assisting with home show events
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!