An established manufacturing company specializing in precision metal parts is seeking a professional, experienced Shipping Coordinator for their Kent facility. The Shipping Coordinator will have a professional demeanor and represent the company in interactions with vendors and customers. You will also oversee the shipping process, ensure the product is properly packaged for safe transport and that all quality checks are made prior to shipment, verify quantities and that labeling and shipping paperwork is correct, ensure deliveries meet their deadlines, assist with purchasing and inventory, coordinate maintenance of vehicle fleet and initiate repairs as needed. You’ll also act as lead to the drivers, providing training and direction as necessary.
You might be a fit for the Shipping Coordinator position if:
- You have experience in shipping/receiving, materials management, purchasing and/or inventory and understand the nature of the work, especially in a manufacturing environment
- You have pretty good computer skills and can perform accurate data entry
- You’ve been driving for at least 5 years and have a WA state driver’s license and a clean driving record
- You pride yourself on your communication skills and are comfortable conversing with customers and vendors on the phone, in person, and via email
- You have positive leadership skills, are accountable and reliable, and love working with a team
- You have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!