A Gig Harbor wholesale company is seeking a Shipping Assistant with 1+ years of clerical support experience. The perfect candidate is a hard worker that can shift into high gear when busy and knows how to keep busy if it is slow and morph into the person who knows what duties need to be done and do them cheerfully.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 1+ years of clerical support or shipping experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Ability to lift up to 25-50 pounds as needed
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is preferred
As a Shipping Assistant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Answering telephone inquiries along with inbound and outbound sales calls
- Shipping and receiving parts and products
- Order picking and packing
- Accurately moving and handling product
- Pulling reports and inventory cycle counting
- Managing the production crew
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Printing labels and bills of lading
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates partly in a office environment, and partly in a warehouse. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!