An international ship building and repair contractor located in Bremerton is in need of experienced Sheet Metal Mechanics (Class 1) to work on a 6 month (or longer) contract at PSNS. The Sheet Metal Mechanics will be responsible for a variety of tasks including the design, manufacture, installation, and repair of ventilation, furniture, lightweight bulkheads and doors and other like structures aboard naval vessels.
Day shift: Job #8673
Swing shift: Job #8674
The Sheet Metal Mechanic position might be a fit for you if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sheet Metal Mechanic in a shipyard environment.
- Experience and comfort working in a naval ship work environment and the ability to go aboard marine vessels and the drydock, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment. These areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
- The ability to complete background requirements for purposes of obtaining appropriate badge to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Regular, reliable onsite attendance.
- Excellent physical agility and stamina with ability to lift 50 pounds.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ship repair processes and procedures.
- The ability to obtain OSHA10 Hour Safety Certification.
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!