A local company serving educational publishers with curriculum correlation seeks a Science and Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME).
This position will be responsible for the alignment/correlation of Science and Technology/Computer Science content to K-12 educational standards.
In the area of science, candidates should be familiar with the main divisions/subjects of Science at the K-12 levels. In the area of technology education, candidates should be familiar with AP Computer Science courses and have general knowledge of Software Engineering Principles, Introductory Programming Language, Object Oriented Programming.
Not only will you be part of a passionate, creative team, but the GH office is walking distance to shops, restaurants and amenities, plus every Friday is “Bring Your Dog To Work Day!”
As a Science & Technology SME you’ll get to….
- Develop extensive knowledge of the tagging process and the controlled vocabulary list
- Review and keyword tag publisher content as assigned
- Perform gap analysis and use back-end administrative tools to improve and review correlations
- Keyword tag of educational standards
- Continuing refinement of the Science and Technology Education Concept Taxonomies
- Assistance with planning team resources for job completion
- Work with team, to support client implementation and other tasks associated with client support and response
The Science & Technology SME position might be for you if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- K – 12 Teaching Certificate with demonstrated teaching experience desirable but other teaching experience may be substituted
- Demonstrated technical experience with emphasis on the use of spreadsheets and web-based system
- Ability to follow directions but work independently to complete a project
- Ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.