A boutique resort in Jefferson County is seeking a Sales Manager to develop and contract day, evening, and multi-day event business. This position will plan group food and beverage functions, activities, and set-up requirements as well as act as the business ambassador.
To qualify for this job, you must have:
- 3-5 years sales experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Prior experience in Sales, Conference/Event Planning, Restaurant, or Reservations
- Networking ability and demonstration of connections that can lead to contracted business
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PMS processing and spreadsheet applications essential
- Maestro, Delphi or similar sales and catering management system
- Creative thinking for space management, themed events, and budget management
- Clear understanding of product and services
A college degree is preferred with emphasis on Hospitality
As a Sales Manager, your duties will include:
- Responding to client requests on a same-day basis and assure that proposals and contracts meet the hotel’s requirements
- Fully developing, administering, and growing Corporate Program
- Creating seamless communication between meeting planner and hotel staff
- Building and developing long term relationships with planners through various Chambers, Visit Seattle, Business Journals, etc.
- Managing paperwork including correspondence and Maestro contracts, deposits, BEO’s, and invoices
- Understanding budget including production of forecasted and actual group room and catering revenues
- Provide weekly reports (PACE) and monthly reports (Action Plan)
- Calculating and preparing group invoicing with prompt processing or reporting to the Accounting Department
- Maintaining proper and complete files on accounts in applicable database system and paper files
- Attending all scheduled meetings on site as defined through General Manager and other team members, including weekly BEO meetings
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!