A lumber wholesale distribution company located in Pierce County is seeking a seasoned Lumber Yard Safety Manager to join their team. The safety manager is responsible for implementing safety programs for the lumber yard staff members and truck drivers. The safety manager will assist the yard manager in promoting continuous improvement culture through communication and coaching employees. This person will actively help lead training and safety meetings to ensure company compliance with all federal and state safety as well transportation regulations.
As a Lumber Yard Safety Manager you will be responsible for a variety of related duties including:
- Oversight of maintenance and inspection of fire and other essential safety equipment
- Health and safety training for all staff members
- Performing and/or coordinating of accident root cause investigations
- Developing and implementing new health and safety programs to meet state and organizational rules and ensure continuous improvement of safety awareness and culture
- Cross training with other department personnel, providing back up as needed
- Monitoring compliance with all federal, state, and company standards
- Handling and attending all OSHA and L&I investigations, meetings, and informal conferences
- Administering first aid and CPR to injured personnel
- Cleaning and organizing the lumber yard, working closely with lumber yard manager to ensure products are kept in a neat and organized fashion
- Inventory counting, working with office staff members to correct discrepancies, and updating inventory tallies as needed
The Lumber Yard Safety Manager might be a fit for you if you have:
- 2+ years’ industrial health or safety professional experience with good working knowledge of general health and safety laws (OSHA)
- Knowledge of DOT laws and regulations for truck drivers
- Direct experience with Washington Labor and Industries regulations
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization. Able to perform one-on-one or small group format training.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Able to adapt to changes and changing priorities.
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Lumber and forestry knowledge or construction experience
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!