A Poulsbo construction company that features all phases of construction needs a Residential Lead Carpenter. If you believe that no job is too big or too small and you strive to blend craftsmanship and professionalism, apply now!
To qualify for this position, you MUST have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience as a carpenter
- Your own hand tools, and knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain shop tools and equipment
- The ability to plan, coordinate and make high-level decisions on residential remodel construction
- The ability to maintain an honest, hardworking, dependable and reliable relationship with the team
- The ability to read blueprints and to lay out construction, remodeling, and alteration work
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities of this job
- The knowledge of ADA requirements and to be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment, as necessary
- The ability to present technical information clearly and supervise with the ability and sound judgment
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license
As the Lead Carpenter, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of honesty and integrity, and demonstrating that you are hardworking, dependable and willing to take responsibility for workmanship
- Determining material requirements and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated by studying blueprints, sketches, or building plans
- Maintaining carpentry supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing orders and verifying receipt of supplies
- Constructing, repairing, and installing structures or fixtures by marking, cutting, assembling and fastening materials, and shaping materials to measurements
- Complying with federal, state, and local building codes by adhering to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Ensuring operation of carpentry equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Maintaining continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and staff continuing needs
Physical Requirements and Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!