A local company is seeking a Property Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for performing tasks in a wide variety of occupational areas including HVAC, carpentry, electrical and plumbing trades. Work requires the safe and efficient operation of hand and power equipment. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated housing maintenance experience or a combination of education, experience, and training
- Ability to use basic office equipment including computer, phone, fax, etc.
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License and valid vehicle insurance
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment safely and effectively
- Experience with building maintenance and repair including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical trades and custodial work
- Experience with materials, methods, procedures and techniques commonly used in the operation of equipment or maintenance and repair tasks
- Knowledge of hazards and required safety precautions of the work
As a Property Maintenance Technician, you’ll be responsible for:
- Completing maintenance of vacated units such as cleaning fixtures, repairing sheetrock, painting, re-keying locks, and repairing woodwork, cabinets, or doors
- Performing basic carpentry tasks such as repairing sheetrock, building walls, installing shelves and cabinets, hanging doors, and installing counters
- Performing basic electrical tasks such as installing or replacing outlets, light ballasts, light fixtures, and electrical switches
- Performing basic plumbing work such as clearing drains, replacing faucets and valves, installing sinks, and repairing leaks
- Performing basic HVAC maintenance and repair functions such as programming thermostats, lubing motors, and replacing belts and filters
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment:
Work requires the ability to sustain repetitive hand motion associated with the operation of hand and power tools; ability to perform heavy manual labor in confined spaces, around high levels of noise; must be able to sustain continuous physical effort including frequent bending, walking, climbing, use physical
strength to exert force and/or lift or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; requires endurance to frequently move about from location to location, on foot and by various motor driven equipment or vehicle; ability to hear and understand verbal and/or written instructions; ability to communicate; ability to negotiate rough terrain; ability to walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop, reach, lift, carry, crawl, stand, sit, etc. in
order to perform the duties/tasks associated with the job; occasionally required to remain seated for extended periods; Work is performed inside or outdoors in a variety of weather conditions or depending on the assignment and the season of the year.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com. For regular business updates and postings, please visit our Facebook page and “Like” our profile.