A Bainbridge Island real estate investment company needs a Property Audit Accountant to support the Director of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting/Finance Department by working with residential, commercial and investor teams to ensure all accounting transactions are entered correctly.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- 3+ years GAAP & Great Plains accounting & reporting software system experience
- Experience in a multi-state company preferred
- Experience in managing and administering records retention policies and procedures preferred
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Must have very good verbal & written communication skills
As a Property Audit Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enforcing accounting and internal controls
- Recommending improvements to policies and procedures to improve efficiencies in accounting processes
- Reviewing, editing, and reconciling the monthly property management GL detail in Excel for importing to the Accounting System
- Communicating & reconciling monthly reports and corrections to the property manager
- Importing and posting property management detail into accounting system using the integration manager
- Preparing journal entries for regular accrual transactions and reconciling financial discrepancies
- Assisting with maintaining support schedules and ledgers for accounting transactions
- Providing training for new employees in finance processes; expense report submission, credit card statement processing, and A/P invoice approval
- Maintaining and managing records retention schedules, policies, procedures and data destruction
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!