A reputable marine industry manufacturer in the Puget Sound region has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join their team. This company designs and builds aluminum boats for their clients globally. The PM is responsible for managing the manufacturing process of vessels from point of sale through delivery including coordinating with other company departments to balance objectives while maintaining a positive, respectful, productive team atmosphere. The ideal candidate must be driven for success, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be versed in MS Office products, and have excellent knowledge of building quality aluminum boats. This is a full-time year-round position which offers great perks including a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, seven paid holidays, and profit sharing. If this sounds like you, these folks would love to have you on their team!
You might be a fit for the Project Manager position if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in Aluminum Boat Building
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience with continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of industry standard equipment and installation details
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate a team
- Proven ability to manage priorities and efficiently solve problems
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering fabrication drawings
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of tracking production hours and accurately building production schedules
- Ensure regular production, quality, and safety targets are met
- Track production manhours and build schedules
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and other departments including engineering to ensure requirements are met
- Strive for extremely high quality, get it right the first time principles
- Communicate engineering problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure proper maintenance of tools and equipment by all employees
- Develop, maintain, and oversee quality accountability systems
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!