A locally owned and operated company specializing in automated manufacturing solutions is seeking a Project Accountant to join their team. This opportunity is with a cutting edge- new company who is poised for growth. The ultimate candidate will be comfortable in a team-centric business environment where everyone pitches in and lends a hand where needed. This position will start with a flexible part time schedule and eventually transition into a full time role.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years of progressive experience in a relevant field
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with computer spreadsheet packages and Quickbooks software
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to convey complex financial issues to non-financial users
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Billing/Accounts Receivable experience in the professional service industry preferred
As a Project Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorizing the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Reviewing and entering supplier invoices and time sheets for work related to a project
- Reviewing and entering overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Investigating project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Conferring with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Reporting on project profitability, the remaining funding available, and any opportunities for additional billings
- Responding to requests for more detail from customers
- Closing out project accounts upon project completion
- Compiling information for internal and external auditors, as required
Physical Requirements and Environment: Office environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com. Please visit our Facebook page and “Like” our page for regular business updates and postings.