A government contractor in the ship building and repair industry located in Kitsap County seeks a Scheduler responsible for preparing production schedules in connection with subcontractors and assisting integration teams working on projects at the Bremerton Shipyard. The Scheduler will also develop and provide related reports to the management team. Knowledge and experience in the industry are highly desired, but a sharp eye for detail, great organizational skills, and familiarity and a willingness to learn will be considered.
You might be a fit for the Scheduler position if you:
- Possess a BA/BS in a related field, or an AA/AS plus 2 years directly related experience, or 6 years directly related experience
- Have knowledge of or familiarity with ship repair, overhaul, and modernization processes and procedures, and repair and modernization Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) philosophy
- Are knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products and technically proficient in the use of scheduling software
- Are proficient in activity definition, activity sequencing, critical path analysis, resource loading, and resource leveling
- Possess a strong ability to develop master plans and detailed tactical schedules
- Are familiar with estimating and contractual methods and processes in a government environment
- Have the ability to follow instructions and a willingness to learn
- Are able to pass background requirements for ITAR compliance
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!