A Poulsbo manufacturing company needs a Production Machinery Operator for its first shift. CNC machinery, router table, or plasma cutter experience (or equivalent) is not required but highly preferred!
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Demonstrated strong understanding of all manufacturing operations and procedures relating to CNC machinery and associated cutting tables
- The ability to effectively use a tape measure, follow plans, and lift up to 50 pounds
- A high school diploma or equivalent; CNC certification is preferred
- The ability kneel, crawl, bend, climb, and perform repetitive motions
- The ability to pass a drug test and background check
As a Production Machinery Operator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting operating CNC and production machinery
- Adjusting and operating all of the basic machine tools, and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations
- Conferring with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors
- Listening to machines during operation in order to detect sounds that are made by dull cutting tools and adjusting machines to compensate for problems
- Lifting work pieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes
- Checking to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation
- Measuring dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely performs the duties of this job exposed to moving mechanical parts and possible outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!