A Poulsbo manufacturing company needs a Press Brake Operator with at least 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment to work swing shift. If you bring prior CNC experience with you, that would give you a considerable competitive edge!
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with sheet metal (1 year of experience as a press brake operator is highly preferred)
- Good basic math skills
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids
- Competency at basic dimensional measuring and the ability to quickly learn how to use precision measurement tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to comfortably lift/carry/push 50 pounds on a regular basis, and stand and perform physical activity throughout your shift
- Flexibility and responsiveness to work-flow with the ability to follow directions, and have a strong sense of teamwork
- The desire and willingness to learn new skills and improve your technical knowledge
- A safety consciousness and a strong work ethic with a commitment to quality and accuracy
- The ability to be flexible with your schedule to accommodate working occasional weekends as well as the ability to come in early or stay late
- The ability to pass a drug test
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency for ITAR compliance
We highly prefer candidates who have 1 year of experience operating a hydraulic press.
As a Press Brake Operator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Frequent lifting of 50 pounds without assistance
- Handling the daily operation of hydraulic CNC controlled Trumpf and Amada press brakes in an industrial manufacturing shop
- Verifying flat patterns and stretch-outs
- Meeting production time and quality standards
- Selecting correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance
- Reporting and documenting basic material, production and quality control issues
- Maintaining performance log books on assigned area equipment
- Participating in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level
- Other tasks as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: Working in a manufacturing environment you need to wear work clothes and safety attire, following all company safety requirements. Requires manual dexterity, must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds comfortably on a routine basis.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!