A Silverdale Defense Contractor seeks a Power-Generation Equipment Mechanic
As a Power-Generation Equipment Mechanic you are able to use various tools, testing instruments and equipment to install, inspect, repair, overhaul, maintain, adjust and troubleshoot diesel/power generation equipment. You can perform operations, maintenance and repairs on stationary and mobile power generation equipment from 500 Watt through 2,500 Kilowatts, including auxiliary components and station service equipment. Inspects, operates, maintains and repairs fuel, coolant, compressed air, hydraulic and lubricating oil systems.
This Power Generation Equipment Mechanic might be for you if you have:
- Four (4) years’ experience as a heavy diesel power generation equipment mechanic, including mechanical and machine equipment repair.
- Four (4) year technical training program completion or a recognized established apprenticeship program.
- Training may be substituted with progressive “hands-on” experience specifically in the diesel power generation area, on a year for year basis, with at least two (2) years at an apprentice level.
- Detailed working experience and knowledge of diesel engines associated with generator systems of 500 horsepower or larger.
- Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- Must have knowledge of, and know how to use, specialized tools needed to perform repair functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to meet and maintain company physical and security requirements and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!