A North Kitsap firm specializing in civil engineering construction is seeking a qualified Payroll Specialist. You’ll need previous construction industry experience to process payroll for approximately 50 employees, including union. Knowledge and experience with labor relations and prevailing wage compliance and processes is a must. Performing research, preparing reports and meeting deadlines is all part of the job. If you love this kind of work, we’d love to talk with you!
The Payroll Specialist might be a fit for you if you:
- Have 2+ years of direct payroll experience in a construction environment
- Are knowledgeable in prevailing wage and certified payroll requirements in the state of Washington
- Have experience performing payroll processing for 50 or more employees
- Are technically savvy and proficient with various accounting software (Paycom and Timberline preferred)
- Are proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Have strong attention to detail and accountability in managing assigned tasks
- Have an AA in Accounting or you’ve completed a payroll certification course (preferred but not required)
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!