A regional personnel and commodities company is seeking a full-time Payroll Accounting Clerk. This position has excellent benefits and may potentially require a security clearance.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Accounting experience obtained working in a job cost environment
- 2 years’ experience with an automated accounting system
- 2 years of general accounting experience OR a combination of payroll office support to the accounting department
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and Excel at the intermediate or higher level and ten-key by touch
- Proficient in using general office equipment to include printers, scanners and fax machines
- A valid state issued Driver’s License with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position
- The ability to successfully pass any background checks, security requirements, and drug testing
- U.S. Citizenship
- A High School Degree or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
As a Payroll Accounting Clerk, you’ll be responsible for:
- Entering timekeeping-related data into an automated accounting system
- Daily entry of timesheets and accounts payable coding vouchers
- Distributing accounts payable checks/payroll checks
- Responding to inquiries from customers or employees
- Investigating and resolving common inconsistencies and discrepancies
- Initiating conversation with employees or various levels of management to research and resolve problems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Other related duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!