A local municipal office needs a part-time Planning Permit Clerk to perform skilled clerical duties and to provide basic administrative support necessary for the efficient operations of the DCD’s Permit Center.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Familiarity with general office practices and procedures applicable to general office functions
- Type/keyboard accurately of at least 40 wpm
- The ability to learn current codes and permitting requirements applicable to land use applications
- Ability to use correct and effective English, grammar, punctuation, and business math
- 2+ years experience with word processing, page layout, PDF conversion/editing,
spreadsheets, and database programs
- Familiarity with desktop programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Ability to pass a background check
Municipality experience is preferred!
As a Permit Clerk, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing quality customer service at the front counter
- Entering all land use application data and fees into the computer-based permit tracking system
- Answering phone, greeting public, providing routine information, taking messages, and referring visitors to appropriate personnel
- Providing clerical support, including filing, record keeping, copying, scanning, printing, mailing and maintaining hard copy and electronic files
- Monitoring and maintaining the supply of planning application forms, Permit Center brochures, and other materials for public information
- Mailing letters relating to expired applications, permit extensions, expired permits, and other planning permit related correspondence and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirement and Environment: Work is performed in an office environment. This position requires extensive reading and involves repetitive motion tasks. The employee will be required to answer telephones. Requires the ability to operate a personal computer/terminal and other office equipment.
The incumbent must have the physical ability to perform all essential job functions. Continuous repetitive arm/hand movement and crouching, stretching and kneeling abilities are required for the performance of this job. Exertion of force of 20 pounds occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently to lift/carry/move objects, files or materials. Must have hand-eye coordination sufficient to operate office equipment. Must have the ability to produce legible handwritten documents. Must be able to discern voice conversation.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!