An international shipbuilding/repair firm located in Bremerton has an immediate need for an experienced Painter/Lagger for a minimum of 6 months at PSNS (with the possibility of converting to payroll for the right individual). The Painter/Lagger will be responsible for a variety of basic marine preservation duties including application of power tool cleaning, brush and roll painting, striping, paint mixing, assisting and mechanics; installing insulating material to shipboard equipment and components, bulkheads, ventilation ducting, piping and overhead of ship structure; wiring pre-formed fiberglass and calcium silicate pipe covering trowels mastic or cement on fiberglass cloth; fitting thermos-block insulation to boiler drums, evaporators and steam turbines; wiring insulation on machinery and providing wire netting for retention and covers; and measuring sizes and fabricating portable pads using heavy cloth. 90% of this position is performed outdoors in a shipyard environment in all climates.
You might be a fit for the Painter/Lagger position if you have:
- At least 3 years’ experience with marine preparation and coatings applications (can be equivalent US Navy training or experience).
- Familiarity with working in a naval ship work environment and be able to go aboard marine vessels and the drydock, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment. These areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
- The ability to complete background requirements for purposes of obtaining appropriate badge to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Regular, reliable onsite attendance
- NBPI certification is preferred
- Excellent physical agility and stamina with ability to lift 50 pounds
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ship repair processes and procedures preferred.
- The ability to obtain OSHA10 Hour Safety Certification
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!