A well established aerospace industry company in the Kent area is seeking Overhaul Technicians to support the overhaul and repair of standard aircraft propeller systems to airworthiness. The Overhaul Technician performs a number of repair and maintenance duties as part of the restoration process. Daily work assignments include general to complex parts disassembly, machining, grinding, drilling, polishing and paint removal, and following technical documentation with strict adherence to safety directives.
- Disassemble and tear down propeller blade parts and assemblies
- Set up and use manual machining equipment, hand tools, measuring equipment, (micrometers, indicators, calipers), hydraulic presses and plastic media blast equipment
- Perform light maintenance of equipment as needed
- Operate and perform Shotpeen, grit blasting, and various types of lathes and grinders
- Metalworking operations such as grinding, drilling, polishing and paint remover
- Read and interpret safety and equipment manuals and technical documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and requirements
- 1+ years experience with manual machines, mills and lathes
- Some experience in MRO, assembly or production environments
- Some experience with composite materials
- Aerospace related experience; military aircraft maintenance experience, propeller maintenance experience – preferred A&P License and/or 1-3 years aircraft mechanic experience
- Able to read, understand, and follow complex manuals and directions written in English
- Good written skills to correctly complete paperwork in compliance with work orders and job manuals
- Able to use a multitude of hand tools, micrometers, air gauges, and other specialty tools
- Good basic math skills for mechanical measurements
- Extreme attention to detail
Environment: Constant proximity to moving mechanical parts, occasional moderate noise intensity, seldom exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, seldom lifting up to 65 lbs, physical agility for walking, standing, bending, reaching forward, handling and grasping tools, good visual and aural acuity, fine finger manipulation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.