A transportation and storage company seeks an Operations Manager who can lead through financially sound decisions while obtaining maximum quality through the efficient use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
Key competencies include:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or three to five years related experience as Operations Manager and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years general warehouse/operations experience and 3+ years household goods experience preferred; previous management experience required
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel MS Outlook. Ability to learn effectively use enterprise software
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
As Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Directly supervising multiple employees in the warehouse/office operations
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
- Participating in planning and goal setting in the areas of Quality, Safety, Capacity, and Profitability
- Leading performance reviews positive feedback and recognition activities, corrective action meetings, and disciplinary actions with all operations personnel
- Setting goals for driving safety, work comp injury prevention, and property damage prevention
- Setting policies and procedures for facility and vehicle security, including end of day checks, and monitoring them for completion
- Coordinating with the other department managers in the areas of goal setting, training, continuous improvement, and corrective action
- Preparing an annual budget for the department and manage to budget, and negotiating contracts with equipment and materials
Physical Requirements and Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required: close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!