An international aerospace company with a plant in Kent seeks a Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Tech to join their team of specialists providing global repair and overhaul services to regional and military propeller aircraft. The Non Destructive Testing Technician will perform multiple NDT methods, interpret and document NDT results, and maintain production NDT equipment that supports overhaul and repair of Allison and Hamilton Standard aircraft propeller systems to airworthiness. This includes evaluation, disassembly, inspection, and test per manual, service bulletin and directives and other duties in standard time. The ideal candidate will possess excellent common sense, be obsessive about details, and have the ability to problem solve in stressful situations while managing many simultaneous high priority projects and requests.
Typical Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Establish and maintain techniques to properly examine hardware, ensuring adherence to all safety and specification requirements
- Perform inspections using Magna Flux (MT), Eddy Current (ET)), Penetrant Test (PT)
- Interpret inspection results and apply acceptance criteria identified on drawing or shop work order
- Perform all necessary daily, weekly, monthly process control checks
- Document and organize inspection results
- Interface and communicate with engineers to describe inspection results
You might be a fit for the NDT Tech if you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- NDT Level II Certification
- 1-3 years’ aerospace-related experience, military aircraft maintenance experience, and prop maintenance experience
- Code shooting capabilities
- NAS 410 Level II certification in Magna Flux (MT), Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), Ultra Sonic (UT Share wave) with direct experience in inspecting and interpreting aluminum cast products
- The ability to lift 65 pounds
- Magna Flux (MT), Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), Ultra Sonic (UT Share wave) Certification
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!