A well established aerospace industry company in the Kent area is seeking Metal Finishers to support the overhaul and repair of standard aircraft propeller systems to airworthiness. The Metal Finishers are responsible for the removal, clean up and polishing of material build up on systems’ parts. This includes examining hardware and performing duties associated with removal and clean up of parts during the restoration process. Job includes the general maintenance of job related tools and metal finishing and measuring equipment. Also responsible for the appropriate disposal of processing materials and hazardous waste, utilizing strict adherence to manuals and safety procedures.
- Masking, grit blasting and flame spraying parts for material build up
- Examine hardware, ensuring adherence to all safety and specifications requirements
- Set up, use, and light maintenance of grinding/polishing tools, miscellaneous metal finishing equipment including hand tools and measuring instruments
- Requisitioning of materials and supplies
- Correctly disposing of processing materials and hazardous waste
- High school diploma or GED
- Aerospace related experience, military aircraft maintenance experience
- Good basic math skills for mechanical measurements
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed and complicated written or oral instructions
- Use of hand tools such as micrometers, air gauges, and other special tools
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and documentation
- Good math skills for mechanical measurements
Environment: Constant proximity to moving mechanical parts, occasional moderate noise intensity, seldom exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, seldom lifting up to 65 lbs, physical agility for walking, standing, bending, reaching forward, handling and grasping tools, good visual and aural acuity, fine finger manipulation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.