A local specialty clinic is looking for an experienced and well rounded Medical Office Administrator to join their team. This position will not only provide the highest level of customer service to patients and referral sources, but will manage the schedules of three clinicians through the coordination and administration of the front office services. Training will take place in the Pierce County clinic.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 2 years of office administrative experience in a healthcare setting
- 1 years experience in medical billing
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase)
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols
- At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Resourceful team player strategy, excelling at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
As a Medical Office Administrator, you’ll be responsible for:
- All aspects of patient appointment scheduling, insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records
- Administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the counter (OTC) payments
- Full cycle claims management and maintenance
- Managing the accounts receivable and collections process; timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Preparing outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information
- Managing both the internal bad debt process and the external collection agency’s process for Private Pay accounts
- Maintaining database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports
- Resolving outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
- Assisting in reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to items in the inventory system
Physical Requirements and Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com. Please visit our Facebook page and “Like” our page for regular business updates and postings.