A local specialty clinic is looking for an experienced and well rounded Medical Office Coordinator to join their team. This position will not only provide the highest level of customer service to patients and referral sources, but will manage the schedules of three clinicians through the coordination and administration of the front office services.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 2 years of office administrative experience in a healthcare setting
- 1 year experience in medical billing
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase)
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols
- At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Resourceful team player strategy, excelling at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
As the Medical Office Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- All aspects of patient appointment scheduling, insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records
- Administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the counter (OTC) payments
- Full cycle claims management and maintenance
- Managing the accounts receivable and collections process; timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Preparing outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information
- Managing both the internal bad debt process and the external collection agency’s process for Private Pay accounts
- Maintaining database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports
- Resolving outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
- Assisting in reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to items in the inventory system
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!