A local health sciences company is seeking a qualified part-time Medical Assistant to perform various office and clinical duties to keep the healthcare center running efficiently. The MA will work directly with center staff to collect test samples, draw blood, give injections, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients, and assist in basic examinations. This position is currently 3-days weekly, but is due to increase days/hours, possibly to full time, as the year progresses.
The PT Medical Assistant position might be a fit for you if you have:
- An Associate’s or technical degree as a Medical Assistant (equivalent experience may be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Current state certificate in Phlebotomy
- Proficiency in essential computer programs including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of medical office organization, medical terminology, calendaring and web-based meeting options, and travel planning
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
- Skill at administering injections
- Experience working within a system-centered environment
- Current certificate in CPR and Adult First Aid
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience with strict confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
- Certificate in AED preferred, not required
Certified Medical Assistant designation preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!