A well-established ophthalmology office committed to providing exceptional care and quality services in a state of the art environment is seeking a well-rounded, dependable, and flexible Medical Administrative Assistant to join their team of stellar professionals. The ultimate candidate will not only possess the skills and initiative to support the day-to-day administrative operations but the desire to develop into a clinical support role.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 2 years of office administration experience in a medical setting.
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources
- Strong computer proficiency and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, multi-line phones etc.
- The ability to pass a background check.
Ophthalmology experience is preferred but not required.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Greeting and directing all visitors and patients
- Ensuring completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures, and scheduling of patients.
- Securing patient information and maintaining patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and keeping patient information confidential
- Counseling patients and transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery
- Scheduling surgeries by making arrangements, verifying times with patients, and preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures
- Keeping supplies ready, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt
- Performing administrative and billing duties associated with daily processes
- Adhering to company standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!