A local professional engineering firm is ready to add a talented Mechanical Marine Engineer to their well established team. This position comes with the immense opportunity for professional growth, a diverse exposure to engineering projects, and a fantastic working culture.
To qualify for this position you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- P.E. License with 5+ years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering
- A self-starter attitude with excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience working in collaboration with marine engineers
- Advanced computing skills with MS Office and basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Understanding of regulations and codes
- To comply with governmental contract standards, you must be a US citizen
Typical duties for this position include:
- Liaising with your client to understand the specific requirements of the project
- Preparing plans, estimates, design, and construction schedules with clients and coworkers
- Creating technical documentation as assigned in accordance with accepted standards of care
- Coordinating activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, and consistent with safety standards
- Investigating and observing tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards
- Performing monitoring activities in order to ensure that ships comply with international regulations and standards
Physical Requirements and Environment:
This job operates in a primarily professional office environment. While performing site visits, this job may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and possible outside weather conditions. At that time, the noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!