A Kent Manufacturer is searching for a Logistics Coordinator with exceptional organization and customer service skills.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- A High School Diploma; an Associates Degree is preferred
- Five years related experience in manufacturing distribution operations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of shipping documentation to include BOLs, export paperwork, UPS/FedEx processing, freight claims, and invoicing
- Background/experience in a JIT/Lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of MRP/ERP and/or Macola Experience a plus
- Ability to handle and operate material handling equipment
- Comfortable in a warehouse environment with regular exposure to temperature swings, moving machinery, and loud noises
- Exceptional organizational and personnel development skills
- Commitment and ability to strive for continuous improvement in processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a Logistics Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating shipments and/or deliveries with the carrier and/or forwarding agents or customer agents.
- Distributing required documentation to the forwarding agent, carrier, customer and other necessary recipients.
- Communicating shipping volumes and priorities closely with the Production Manager to optimize available resources.
- Comparing identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Maintaining shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information to customers upon request.
- Generating and/or maintaining various shipping reports, as required.
- Maintaining Customer Order Logistic Information sheets and updating electronic file on a shared system
- Additional duties as assigned and/or as necessary
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely performs the duties of this job exposed to moving mechanical parts and possible outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!