The City of Port Townsend is looking for a Temporary Legal Assistant to support the City Attorney and provide support coverage to the Administration office as needed. If you have prior legal assistant experience and/or have phenomenal administrative skills then this might be the position for you. The ideal candidate must have experience in dealing with confidential matters and have excellent customer service skills.
This Legal Assistant Position Might be for you if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years legal assistant experience with progressively increasing responsibility or a minimum of 5 years experience as an Administrative Assistant
- You can prepare legal documents, and then execute, file, and record such instruments, including for other City departments.
- You can prepare and file court documents, schedule hearings for litigation matters, and assemble responses to discovery requests.
- You are able to research records and obtain information from other offices and agencies as necessary to prepare reports under the direction of the City Attorney.
- You have excellent technical skills and ability to format complex documents (including legal pleadings), produce spreadsheets, and design forms in Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Publisher and other programs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!