Highly competent CNC Machinist sought by a renowned aerospace industry leader. This company is best known for their exceptional work in the global repair and overhaul services to regional aircraft, as well as many of the world’s military operators of large transport propeller aircraft.
The CNC machinist position might be for you if you have a depth of experience and skill performing these functions:
- Setup and operation of manual and CNC lathe and milling machines
- Setup and use of manual machining equipment, hand tools, measuring equipment
- Reading and understanding outside and inside micrometers, Vernier calipers, Vernier height and depth gauges
- Performing light maintenance of equipment as needed
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Laying out, measuring, and marking metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Aligning/securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials onto machines
- Monitoring the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Measuring, examining and testing completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
Note: Some domestic and international travel may be required
- 10-15 years’ experience with manual machines, mills and lathes
- 5-10 years’ experience with CNC machines
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and requirements
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints
- Experience with military aircraft maintenance is preferred
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attention to detail, ability to balance multiple work assignments, organized work habits, ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with major software programs, e.g., Made2 Manage
- High school diploma or GED required
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.