The City of University Place seeks an IT Generalist
to support their local municipal office’s IT system activities, especially desktop support and management for a staff of 50. Points of emphasis include Help Desk support, software analysis, hardware troubleshooting, managing upgrades including peripheral devices, hardware warranty, maintenance and standardization management, and the ability to make recommendations to the Network Administrator on areas of improvement. The IT Generalist will be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties and handle a multitude of different tasks on short notice!
This IT Generalist position would be right for you if
- You have an Associate Degree in computer science, information systems management, or a closely related field
- You have Microsoft, Cisco, and COMPTIA certification or have some combination of industry-recognized certifications
- You understand the principles of networks and computers including troubleshooting techniques using both software and hardware tools
- You are a team player with the ability to take direction, and enjoy assisting with the training of staff at various levels
- You are experienced with performing routine and non-routine maintenance on all hardware and software components
- You have great communication skills and good reading, writing, and general math skills and can research techniques and procedures
Previous experience providing tech support in a municipality preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!