An international aerospace company with a plant in Kent seeks an Internal Oil Control (ICO)-Overhaul Tech to join their team of specialists providing global repair and overhaul services to regional and military propeller aircraft. This position will provide competence and skill on overhaul and repair of hydraulic components utilized in the propeller system including evaluation, teardown, inspection, assembly and testing of units per manual, service bulletin and directives and other duties in standard time. This position requires strong organization and problem solving skills, obsessive attention to detail, and a calm, focused demeanor capable of managing multiple, simultaneous, high-priority projects and user requests. This is a union position offering an excellent full compensation package!
Typical Responsibilities/Duties include:
- Disassemble and tear down propeller component assemblies
- Set up and use manual machining equipment, hand tools, measuring equipment, (micrometers, indicators, calipers), hydraulic presses and plastic media blast equipment
- Operation and light maintenance of hydraulic test benches
- Perform light maintenance of equipment as needed
You might be a fit for the IOC-Overhaul Tech position if you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and requirements
- Preferred but not required: Aerospace related experience; military aircraft maintenance experience; prop maintenance experience
- 0-2 years’ experience in MRO, assembly, or production environments; experience using shotpeener, grit blasting, and various types of lathes and grinders
- 1-3 years’ experience with machine shop functions; manual machines, mills, and lathes
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Airframe and Powerplant license
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!