We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented HR Assistant to support the recruitment and payroll functions for a well-established full-service staffing firm.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 1+ year as a dedicated HR or payroll assistant
- 2+ minimum as a receptionist or front office administrative assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Excel and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Professional demeanor, good judgment, and understanding of confidentiality issues
- Must enjoy numbers, details, and organization
- Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, accept direction, and meet deadlines
- Type: 55 wpm+
- Upbeat, friendly and willing attitude is a must
Experience working in an HRIS, Applicant Tracking system or other related database environment preferred
As an HR Assistant you’ll be responsible for:
- Answering phones and directing callers
- Meeting and greeting applicants, assisting applicants with application and skills testing processes
- Scheduling interviews, inputting applicant tracking data into the HR information system
- Coordinating new hire forms and documentation,
- E-verification, time-card coordination, payroll data entry, and preparation of billing data for bookkeeping
- Personnel file maintenance, records management, performing background and reference checks
- Maintaining general checks and balances for the recruitment team
- Administrative projects as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!