A nonprofit public housing entity serving the community of Pierce County is seeking a Controller. This is a senior management position and member of the leadership team and will supervise, direct, and participate in all activities of the Finance Department, including short- and long-term planning, policy development, and implement accounting, financial management, reporting, budget, and treasury functions.
The Controller provides leadership to the department, enabling staff to effectively and efficiently track budgets and maximize available resources while providing effective management of internal controls, and coordinates assigned activities with government officials, outside agencies, and the public as assigned. This position provides highly responsible and complex professional support to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director in areas of expertise. Supports and facilitates execution of specific fiduciary responsibilities of the Board of Directors. Assists Executive and Deputy in executing the long-term vision under the direction of the Board of Commissioners.
The ideal candidate is the consummate professional possessing in-depth and exceptional financial leadership skills.
The Controller position might be a fit for you if you have:
- Ten (10) years of experience in a progressively responsible financial leadership role, accounting, financial reporting with seven (7) years of supervisory experience is ideal. BS from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance or business administration required.
- Multifamily rental experience and familiarity with HUD reporting (required)
- Familiarity with Yardi software a big plus. Experience with supervising union organized staff a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant licensure or Master’s degree preferred
- Must be acceptable and qualify for bonding to the extent required by the Housing authority’s bonding insurance carrier. A full background investigation, including a consumer credit report will be required.
- A strong working knowledge of organization and financial management practices and reporting as applied to HUD Section Voucher Program, Public Housing and Family Self-Sufficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!