Imagine the possibilities! Impact the community! Engage in meaningful conversations, create change, and be a resource for organizations and businesses to thrive in the ever-changing environment. Ever wondered what position might encompass these fundamental qualities? Become the next Executive Director for the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance!
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance (KEDA) serves to retain, recruit and attract, promote and support the business and workforce environment of Kitsap County. KEDA is entrepreneurial at heart, just as the businesses it supports, lending insight for long-standing organizations and providing startup support for organizations at the ground level, collaborates with other regional forces, focuses on key clusters and promotes the vibrant lifestyle that the area has to offer.
KEDA seeks to add a new Executive Director to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving the economic development activity through retention, recruitment and expansion efforts of the businesses in Kitsap County
- Providing focused support to cluster sectors
- Actively seeking opportunities for funding and investment to maintain ongoing operations of the organization
- Partnership and collaboration with local/regional organizations, councils and committees
- Servant leadership for the team through a high level of integrity, transparency, emotional intelligence, flexibility and empowerment
For a full job description, please click here.
This position might be a good fit for you if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in economics or related field and 5 years’ substantial experience in economic development, OR an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Are a strong communicator via writing and presentation who listens well and strives to build positive working relationships with staff, partners, consultants, governmental agencies, funders and community members
- Are a well organized, goal-oriented thinker with a creative, entrepreneurial and flexible attitude
- Have a solid background in leadership, management and budget oversight
- Have demonstrated success in completing time-sensitive and/or high-profile projects
- Have comprehensive knowledge of contemporary economic and urban renewal issues, trends, principals and techniques including state and federal programs and policies
- Are technically proficient in order to operate equipment necessary to perform the job
- Are able to pass a full background check.
If this sounds like you, send your cover letter, resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2020. Once received, you’ll receive a follow up questionnaire to return by June 19, 2020.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.