A rapidly growing manufacturer located in Kitsap County is seeking a Corporate Controller to join their operations. This position reports to the CEO and contributes to the company’s success by taking primary responsibility for all accounting functions including the integrity of the general ledger, timely tax return preparation, payroll processing and accurate financial reporting. As a growing organization, the Controller’s responsibilities also extend to human resources and various back-office business operations.
As a Controller your competencies should include:
- Business financial, performance and human resource management
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility leading to a Controller position
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Must be able to pass a UA , background check, and credit check
Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
You’ll be responsible for:
- The accurate and timely reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, core payroll processing and overall corporate payroll tax compliance
- The timely management of all accounts receivable including billings and cash receipts application, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports
- Assuring corporate income tax compliance for the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes
- Establishing and maintaining systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company’s value
- Participating in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Communicating with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conforming with all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com