An established Pierce County company seeks a Director of Accounting to oversee all functions of their accounting department.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- A Certified Public Accountant license and have a BS/BA in Accounting
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in a senior accounting function
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite products, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- An understanding of all aspects of fund control including safeguards and tracking controls
- The ability to pass a background and credit check
Public Accounting experience is strongly preferred!
As the Director of Accounting, you’ll be responsible for:
- Hiring, supervising, coaching, developing and prioritizing the workflow in the Accounting Department
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database as needed
- Managing the budget process and advising the owners of any liabilities
- Participating with leadership and strategic planning
- Reviewing contracts ensuring accuracy and contract compliance as it relates to accounting function
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing independent contractor files and process 1099 forms
This position requires a truly involved manager, experienced performing all required accounting functions with the fortitude to step into the trenches and help out with the work as necessary.
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!