A local lending operation needs an experienced Underwriter to join their staff. Duties include evaluating applications for loans and make decisions regarding whether to approve an applicant for financing of NON-mortgage loans.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- A high school diploma/GED required (College degree preferred)
- Current underwriter certification
- 3+ years experience in the lending industry, preferably as an underwriter or underwriter assistant
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Experience with real estate transactions and evaluations
- Knowledge of regulatory issues in both underwriting and finance
As Underwriter, you’ll be responsible for:
- Performing data evaluation on information retrieved from hard money loan applications
- Consulting with Loan Officers following meetings with potential clients
- Researching loan applications
- Conducting risk assessments on potential clients based on previous borrowing history, credit rating, industry experience and other factors
- Requesting additional information from Loan Officers when appropriate
- Rendering application decisions based on consultations with supervisory underwriter and upper management
- Preparing reports detailing risk assessment findings and other data that contribute to lending decision
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!